site changes

March 3, 2003

I had a couple of problems when I moved from Dreamhost to BlogOMania. One problem is that my restored database wouldn’t let me in. Problem two is that I decided to delete two blogs I had on my Dreamhost account. Problem 2 is what I’m dealing with the most. Most of my posts are no longer identified with the MT ID number that they originally had. So if someone is searching on Google and clicks the link, it’s going to the wrong place (now you’re getting a 404). So instead of painstakingly going though and changing this, I decided to change how I organize my archives. Now everything is in the format year/mo/da/postid.php . I’ve wanted to do this for a while, and since everything has been shot to hell I decided to do it how I wanted. So if you click on an old link, you’re gonna get a 404 page with a search engine. Search for the post and update links if you want.